What is a Community Strategic Plan?
A community strategic plan (CSP) is a plan that guides a community to a better future. The benefits of a CSP are numerous, but the main benefits are:
• Helps the community to develop a vision and identify the values it wants to pursue for the future
• Works towards creating a balance between meeting the needs of the citizens and a healthy environment
• Helps the community to keep a balance between economic development and social development
In partnership with FedNor, NADF developed a Community Strategic Planning Toolkit to guide communities with their strategic planning process. In addition, NADF provides community strategic planning services to thirty-three (33) First Nations communities in northern Ontario. They include:
Aroland First Nation
Koocheching First Nation
Pikangikum First Nation
Services we provide to these communities include:
- Strategic planning workshops including the development of consultant 'terms of reference'
- Promotion of regional strategic planning programs
- Community assistance in project identification
- Support with other government initiatives e.g. Business Retention & Expansion and Local Initiatives Contributions (LIC) etc.
Download our Community Strategic Planning Toolkit
For more information contact Tracey Willoughby, Project Assistant.