Since 1987, NADF has supported the growth of Aboriginal business in the communities we serve. We offer flexible solutions that put Aboriginal entrepreneurs and businesses first.
Applicant's meeting the following criteria are eligible for financing:
- Be of Aboriginal heritage (First Nations, Metis or Inuit).
- Be over the age of 18.
- Reside in northern Ontario.
- Business must be established and operated in northern Ontario.
To apply for a loan, applicants require:
- A viable business idea.
- A business plan.
- Proof of equity
- Minimum 10% Equity requirement for applicants between 18-35 years, or
- Minimum 15% equity requirement for all other applicants (36 years and over)
- Completed application form, including application fee.
Step 1: Contact one of our Business Support Team members to discuss your idea and determine eligbility.
Our Business Support Team members will help you to develop your business idea and complete your application form.
Step 2: Submit completed application form, including business plan, other supporting documents, and application fee.
Application fees: Youth (18-35 years) $100.00/Regular (35+years) $150.00.
Step 3: Business plan assessment is conducted.
As part of our due diligence, you may be contacted to provide additional information and/or clarification. A recommendation for financing (approve or decline) is based on the viability of your business, as demonstrated in your business plan.
Step 4: Wait for a response.
Upon completion of our due diligence, we will contact you to discuss the results of our assessment. The amount of time required to complete an assessment of your business plan depends on the complexity and completeness of your application.
Download Financing Application.