As part of our ever-expanding outreach efforts, NADF has embraced social networking as a means of connecting and engaging with our clients, our partners, and the communities we serve. The following guidelines outline how you can expect to interact with NADF on its social networking sites.
NADF's social networking activites are monitored and managed by the Marketing and Communications Officer. If you have any concerns regarding our social networking policy, management of these social networking sites, or any of their content, please contact our Marketing and Communications Officer.
Social Media Policy
The purpose of NADF's social networking activities is to connect with Aboriginal entrepreneurs and businesses, other organizations, our clients, our partners, and the general public to share relevant information.
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
The comments expressed by others do not reflect the opinions and position of NADF.
NADF reserves the right to delete any submissions that:
- Contain vulgar language or offensive language.
- Are discriminatory in nature against any race, group, religion, etc.
- Spam or include links to other sites.
- Irrelevant to the topic.
- Advocate illegal activity.
- Promote a particular product, serive, or political organization.
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
If you "Like" or "Follow" us, you can expect to recieve updates covering some, or all, of the following:
- Alerts to NADF related events, meetings, consultation, job vacancies and promotional offers etc
- News on Aboriginal business, economic development and/or entrepreneurship in Northern Ontario, Ontario, and Canada
- Alerts about new content on our other digital channels (news, publications, website, publicity campaigns etc)
- Invitations to provide feedback on specific issues on which we are consulting
- Occasional live coverage of events (e.g. video conference workshops, Annual business awards & golf tournament etc.)
If you "Like" or "Follow" us, we will not automatically "Like" or "Follow" you. This is to avoid resource wasting spam handling and so that you can easily identify other key users that you might be interested in.
A "Like" or "Follow" by NADF does not imply endorsement of any kind.
We will update and monitor our social networking sites during office hours (9am-5pm EST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. These sites may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
We welcome constructive feedback and comments from all our social networking connections, and endeavor to join the conversation where possible. However, we are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via our social networking sites.
We will refrain from engaging in issues of a political or religious nature.
The Marketing & Communications Officer monitors all submissions and ensures that emerging themes or helpful suggestions are shared internally.