Support for Aboriginal Businesses in Northern Ontario
NADF is currently delivering a COVID-19 emergency loan fund to support Aboriginal businesses in NADF's catchment area that have been impacted by COVID-19.
NADF's catchment area is Northern Ontario, which NADF defines as the territories of Treaty 9, Treaty 5, Treaty 3, and Robinson-Superior 1850.
Out of the NADF catchment area? Contact an Aboriginal Financial Institution near you.
These funds are not intended to replace or duplicate government or other bank/lender emergency programs that are available to businesses in Canada.
Questions? Contact Us
COVID Safety Protocol Project
The COVID Safety Protocol Project will support small-medium sized (SME) businesses that are impacted by the economic disruptions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program will provide SMEs with access to a non-repayable contribution of up to $5,000.00 to assist with the costs related to adapting to new or existing operating protocols.
A SME is defined as having less than 500 employees.
- Be a SME as defined above.
- Examples include retail shops, restaurants, corner stores, etc., and businesses of strategic importance to the community
- The SME must have been viable as of March 1, 2020
- The SME was established prior to March 1, 2020
- The applicant must confirm and attest that no other funding has been accessed for the same purposes and utilization that the COVID Safety Protocol Project is set out to fund
Eligible Costs may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Customer and employee safety installations such as distancing signs for floors
- COVID-19 posters and displays
- Acquisition of barriers
- Widening of aisles
- Plexi-glass and partitions, signage
- Other business restructuring or equipment purchases required in support of adaptations that may be required after March 15, 2020
Note: HST is not an eligible cost and will not be reimbursed. Disposable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are also ineligible.
Eligible Cost Period
March 15, 2020 - June 15, 2021
How to Apply
If you are an existing or former NADF client, please contact your Account Manager by email or call 1-800-465-6821 or 807-623-5397.
If you are a new client, please email or call toll free 1-800-465-6821 or 807-623-5397 and an Account Manager will be assigned to work with you.
Questions? Contact Us